Re: Sheevaplug has Debian 5.0.3 pre-installed

Why not dd the supplied Debian installation to external media and then try an upgrade?

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.debian-arm@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
jl.050877@gmail.com wrote:
All the instructions that I find for Debian on Sheevaplug assume
that the plug, as purchased, has Ubuntu on it.  The one that I just
bought from Globalscale comes with Debian 5.0.3 (Lenny) pre-installed.

Is the pre-installed Debian, unlike the Ubuntu they used to ship,
fully functional as is?

Is it safe to upgrade to Squeeze by the normal Debian process?

I'd suggest checking Squeeze on e.g. a Qemu-based development system first.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk