U-Boot script support in Debian

Hello,

  I would like to add support for U-Boot scripts in Debian. U-Boot
scripts are scripts that booloader reads to obtain information on how
to proceed the boot process, loading initramfs and passing arguments
to kernel.

  I have came up with a general question on whether we just want boot
script (boot.scr) just be generated at install time or if we would
prefer to autogenerate boot.scr on every kernel upgrade (every
flash-kernel run).

  Do you think it is sane enough to add it to debian-installer (for
install time boot.scr generation) and then flash-kernel for generation
on every kernel upgrade?

  If you have other thoughts let me know.

Best regards,
--