Re: Creating a hardfloat package

On 2 May 2011 02:08, Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com> wrote:
> If it gets the rest of the system building with maybe a small
> percentage -marm'd up (I
> am sure a few Ubuntu packages still do this) that is a more noble goal
> than blocking.
> All we need is a way of marking the package as -marm'd and still needs
> -mthumb'ing.

This is exactly what's happening on a number of packages (ffmpeg/libav being one
important one). hdf5 was also built with -marm on Ubuntu armel, as it failed the
build at some point -dunno if this is still the case, but it was a few
months ago.

But the real fix of course is to actually fix the broken asm code :)

Konstantinos