Re: single device to replace ADSL router, WiFi/Ethernet router, SIP router?

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.debian-arm@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>> Honestly, that's not realistic.  Too weird a combined featureset.
>> Especially the cordless phone bit.
>

> It's certainly an... interesting featureset. I certainly wouldn't denigrate
> it, for the same reason that I don't denigrate the effort that our ISP
> (Andrews & Arnold, who design their own hardware when necessary) is putting
> into trying to find an efficient single-box solution for IPv6.

 yeah... we had a cordless phone.  all i did was plug it into the back
of the digicom PCI card.

 hmm... so that would mean that i ended up with the exact same setup
that was considered to be "a weird featureset".

 often these things aren't _designed_ - they just happen.

 l.