Re: Does anyone recommend the Smart Book from Always Innovating

Hello,

2011/11/13 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>:

> I'm considering buying a Smart Book from Always Innovating [1]:
>
>    *  1GHz ARM cortex-A8 DM3730 with video and 3D acceleration
>    * Numonyx 512MB RAM + 256 MB NAND
>    * 8GB microSD card
>    * 1024x600 8.9" capacitive touchscreen
>
> Does anyone have one and can recommend it?

I have seen one long time ago, it was a nice feature to detach
keyboard from screen, but the plastic case seem very cheap and it did
not boot after battery went dry, we had to open it and extract the
battery to recharge it with an external power supply. Battery was
holding inside with some kind of adhesive tape. It really looked like
a home-made device based around a beagle board.

http://www.slashgear.com/always-innovating-touch-book-gets-unboxed-first-impressions-mixed-2052980/

--