Re: N2100 Bricked - Redboot rescue needed

Hi,

> > IIRC I saw that when I had a bad ram DIMM installed. So it could be
> > that some
> > of your hardware components has got loose/dusty.

> I will give a try, but I think I may have bricked the RedBoot.
> Is there a serial RedBoot rescue mode possible, like in UBoot [2] ?

> Is there any technicals references or tools for booting RedBoot by serial ?

Note if you believe that redboot is bricked, any rescue mode *in* redboot wouldn't
help. What you describe in your uBoot link is not a uBoot feature, but a kirkwood
SoC feature.

N2100 comes with intel iop321 SoC, and I dont remember if it has a serial boot
mode. If it has, it can be discovered from the Intel Technial reference manuals[1].

If IOP doesn't come with a serial boot feature, you will essentially need
JTAG access. Or alternatively desolder the flash chip and flash it with separe
flasher board.

[1] http://int.xscale-freak.com/XSDoc/IOP321/IOP321_index.htm