Re: N2100 Bricked - Redboot rescue needed

Hi,

Thanks for answers.

> You can use the kernel and initrd of the Debian installer listed at
> http://cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/install.html to boot into the
> Debian installer.  Then you can access the hard drive and re-flash the
> kernel/ramdisk from the system.  See
> http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/installer-flash-kernel

I have update my wiki page, for this rescue procedure [1].

> IIRC I saw that when I had a bad ram DIMM installed. So it could be
> that some
> of your hardware components has got loose/dusty.

I will give a try, but I think I may have bricked the RedBoot.
Is there a serial RedBoot rescue mode possible, like in UBoot [2] ?

Is there any technicals references or tools for booting RedBoot by serial ?

[1] doukki.net/doku.php?id=wiki:notes:n2100
[2] doukki.net/doku.php?id=wiki:tutoriels:u-boot.uart
--
Gk2 [:-]