Re: ARM summit at Plumbers 2011
- To: ARM cross-distro collaboration <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Fedora ARM <email@example.com>, Debian ARM <firstname.lastname@example.org>, MeeGo Dev <email@example.com>, Gentoo Embedded <firstname.lastname@example.org>, OpenEmbedded Devel <email@example.com>, Ubuntu Devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mageia Dev <email@example.com>, OLPC Devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, GCC developers <email@example.com>, LSB discuss <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ARM summit at Plumbers 2011
- From: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:11:34 +0100
- Message-id: <20110823161134.GV3053@linaro.org>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20110809181534.GR10171@einval.com>
- References: <20110809181534.GR10171@einval.com>
On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 07:15:34PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Following on from the founding of the cross-distro ARM mailing list,
>I'd like to propose an ARM summit at this year's Linux Plumbers
>conference . I'm hoping for a slot on Thursday evening, but this
>remains to be confirmed at this point.
>We had some lively discussion about the state of ARM Linux distros at
>the Linaro Connect  event in Cambridge last week. It rapidly became
>clear that some of the topics we discussed deserve a wider audience,
>so we're suggesting a meetup at Plumbers for that bigger
>discussion. The initial proposed agenda is:
> * ARM hard-float
> + What is it and why does it matter?
> + How can distributions keep compatible (i.e. gcc triplet to
> describe the port)?
> * Adding support for ARM as an architecture to the Linux Standard
> Base (LSB)
> + Does it matter?
> + What's needed?
> * FHS - multi-arch coming soon, how do we proceed?
> * 3D support on ARM platforms
> + Open GL vs. GLES - which is appropriate?
>but I'm sure that other people will think of more issues they'd like
>to discuss. :-)
>If you wish to attend, please reply to the cross-distro list and let
>us know to expect you. Make sure you're registered to attend Plumbers
>Conf, and get your travel and accommodation organised ASAP.
UPDATE: we've not had many people confirm interest in this event yet,
which is a shame. If you would like to join us for this session,
please reply and let me know. If we don't get enough interest by the
end of Sunday (28th August), then we'll have to cancel the meeting.
Steve McIntyre email@example.com
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs