Re: My progress on armhf

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 06:53:49PM +0000, Hector Oron wrote:
> 2011/8/22 Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>:
> > Any suggestions for what to fix next?
>
> Pick the one you dislike the most =)
> http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo

Some things look like the are already fixed.  Who maintains the page?
Who decides what the buildd should be building?  Is there a state for
it somewhere like buildd.debian.org has?  Oh never mind, those are linked
to from debian-ports.org.

> Bootstrapping compilers are extra points

Oh yes, that is always fun (having done that for a uclinux system). :)

> BTW, I realized kernel image shipped with imx53qs does not have device
> mapper for LVM support. I have been trying to compile FSL kernel
> without luck at the moment. It would also be interesting getting
> proper mainline kernel support for this device.

I looked upstream, and 3.0 looks broken for i.MX53, but 3.1 should be OK,
so once it is released I was thinking of trying to get a kernel going.

Freescale's ubuntu kernel has 767 patches on top of 2.6.35.3 which to
me is just insane.  A lot of that appears to have gone upstream to
Linus's tree by now, so I figure it is worth seeing what is missing from
3.1 once released to see what else needs pushing upstream.

Would be nice to have a debian built kernel eventually after all, which
means it has to go upstream first.

--
Len Sorensen