Re: Do I want to debootstrap Debian armhf on my iMX53 board?

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 06:18:27PM +0100, Phil Endecott wrote:
> OK, I think I see what you're saying; you're making a hypothetical
> comment about how it cold have been done differently.  In practice,
> though, given the boards that we currently have, we need to both add
> the dip switch and move the resistor in order to boot from SATA.
> This moves the required skills from something that I could probably
> do (adding the switch) to something that is beyond my soldering
> "comfort zone".

Correct.  That's what I think it says.

I can solder, but soldering resistors I can barely see on the other hand.

Fortunately I know people that do this all the time, so I have the option
if I get fed up with the microSD completely.

--
Len Sorensen