Re: mtd errors on boot OpenRD "ultimate" -- but not on "base"

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 01:51:11PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Interestingly, and confusingly...
>
> I get no such messages on an OpenRD "base" sitting right beside the
> "ultimate" running an essentially identical software load.
>
> Any thoughts?

I guess you've got some broken bits in your flash. There usually isn't a
wear-leveling controller in whatever sits behind the mtd driver, so
these errors are exposed rather than hidden (as would be the case on a
removable flash medium such as a USB stick or an sd card or some such).

The fact that it happens with one installation but not with the other
suggests that it's not your entire system that's fried (which is a good
thing, I guess).

the following formula:

pi zz a