Re: help needed testing kexec

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 04:00:40PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> (The default configuration of kexec-tools, defined in
> /etc/default/kexec, uses kexec when you type "reboot".)

It's been pointed out to me that this default configuration uses
/vmlinuz as the image to kexec, which might not exist on many devices.

If you have a /boot/vmlinuz-<version> file, try making /vmlinuz a
symlink to that.  If you only have uImage files, or just a uImage
flash partition, it's a little more complicated; please contact me
off-list if you're still interested in helping.

It will also be useful, but not essential, to have a serial console
connected when running this test.

Thanks again.