Re: help needed testing kexec
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: help needed testing kexec
- From: Eric Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:32:23 -0400
- Message-id: <20110520143223.GB9274@localhost>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20110519200040.GF23896@localhost>
- References: <20110519200040.GF23896@localhost>
On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 04:00:40PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> (The default configuration of kexec-tools, defined in
> /etc/default/kexec, uses kexec when you type "reboot".)
It's been pointed out to me that this default configuration uses
/vmlinuz as the image to kexec, which might not exist on many devices.
If you have a /boot/vmlinuz-<version> file, try making /vmlinuz a
symlink to that. If you only have uImage files, or just a uImage
flash partition, it's a little more complicated; please contact me
off-list if you're still interested in helping.
It will also be useful, but not essential, to have a serial console
connected when running this test.
Eric Cooper e c c @ c m u . e d u