Re: flashing fails due to size issue during upgrade

On 02/21/2011 11:18 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Jeffrey B. Green<jeff@kikisoso.org>  [2011-02-18 13:53]:
# /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
# replace "most" with "dep"
MODULES=dep

Anyone out there know of any pitfalls in this approach?? I.e. are all
the crucial modules included in the initrd?

Yeah, it should work fine.

Make sure to make a backup of your flash before you install the new
ramdisk:
   cat /dev/mtdblock?>  backup

It did indeed reboot okay. I waited about a day or so and then made the plunge.

The only thing now that is not working quite right after the upgrade is IPv6 on the overclocked slug. It configures okay from boot on the stock slug. However, the overclocked one doesn't seem to configure the IPv6 interface on boot. Maybe a timing issue.

If you have an idea as to why that may be so, then that would be great.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the mods.

-jeff