Re: bootstrapping debian was: dpkg armhf patch acceptance status

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Konstantinos Margaritis
<markos@genesi-usa.com> wrote:
> On 18 February 2011 16:31, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>>
>>  nope.  don't want arguments / discussions in an environment where the
>> sponsors, genesi usa, would quite likely be happy if i was dead.
>>
> No, we just disagree.

 noo, markos, it's much stronger than that.  i've sent you privately a
copy of the message sent by bill, the CEO of genesi-usa (on the basis
that it was sent to 20 others i believe it reasonably to send to you
privately but definitely not to this list).

 genesi usa employees went BALLISTIC when i called matt out on his
behaviour on the fedora-arm list, when all i was doing was asking why
- and PRIVATELY asking them why - from a business perspective, i
should introduce them to business deals which, unless matt was reined
in, could be jeopardised by his behaviour if he continued with the
same attitude that he displayed on the list?

 there was absolutely nothing unreasonable nor even _remotely_
inflammatory about the approach that i took, yet matt _still_ chose to
focus, instead of on the business opportunity, on proving himself
"technically superior".

 given that genesi-usa is, as you can see from that private message,
critically dependent upon matt for technical knowledge, genesi usa's
CEO is placed in an unenviable and difficult position of having to
"side with this particular employee".

 strategically, the best way to do that is to treat _me_ as the one
who is wrong, wrong, wrong, alienated, persona non-grata, (and,
preferably, albeit i realise this is completely overstating the case -
dead).

 can we drop this now please?

 l.