Re: cheap armhf hardware

On 16/02/11 10:32, Wookey wrote:

armhf needs v7, thumb2, VFP3

Ah OK.  My reading of http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort#PartialreferenceofSoCandsupportedISAs  seemed to imply that VFP2 was sufficient, as this was in the list:

Freescale

iMX3x

armv6

VFPv2

none

ARM11

... should this be removed, or is it just a minimum spec that was considered at one point?

I've just summarised the "Minimum CPU & FPU" section at the top of the wiki page.

Along similar lines to my original post you can get some cheap (but >$55) 1GHz Cortex A8 etc. Android tablets on ebay (disclaimer: other online retailers exist) and whilst I haven't looked into them in detail, I'm guessing that whilst some portions of the hardware may have closed source drivers on many of these devices, they probably wouldn't be stuff that you'd care about for the purposes of a test/hack platform.  Less likely to undercut a beagleboard by much tho'.

You could also try the previously-mentioned ruse of looking for a second-hand one with a broken screen, I suppose....

Tim.