Re: ARM: OMAP2+ flavour

hi,
Am Montag, den 29.11.2010, 18:17 +0000 schrieb Martin Michlmayr:

> It's possible to build support for OMAP 2, 3 and 4 into one kernel
> image.  I think OMAP would be a reasonable addition to the Debian
> kernel since there are a lot of devices.  However, personally I'd like
> to see explicit support for some OMAP devices in Debian installer,
> otherwise I don't see a lot of value in providing a kernel. (Those who
> don't need d-i can probably also compile their own kernel or take a
> kernel image from an external web site).
note that we have support for beagleboards in ubuntu in
libdebian-installer and flash-kernel, it would probably be worth to take
a look (there is surely a lot room for improvement, but the ubuntu
implementation might be a good start). i didnt bother to forward it to
debian until you guys actually support that arch with a kernel.

ciao
	oli