Re: where is http://emdebian.org? http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/emdebian.org

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
>> +++ Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton [2010-11-24 23:17 +0000]:
>>> presently definitely down - help!
>>
>> Yes, as has been explained on the embedded-debian list we've had a
>> total server loss.
>
>  ooooo ouch.
>
>> A replacement machine (with better backup
>> arrangemnts!) should be up by next week.
>
>  can i make a suggestion (because looking on the emb list was furthest
> from my mind) that perhaps the DNS be temporarily redirected to some
> emergency page saying "it's all buggered!" - or did you specifically
> want to _keep_ it down so that the google and other search engine
> caches don't go tits-up?  is there nothing available/convenient which
> has decent bandwidth?  if not i'm sure i could volunteer phil hands's
> server ha ha or i could give you a login on mine if you like, they're
> both on 100mb/s in rapidswitch.

If you've got a static snapshot of enough of the content to be useful,
and the DNS isn't on an excessively long TTL, we can park the site on
the free Google Apps service ... without risking someone getting their
existing site's network bandwidth unexpectedly eaten.