Re: Bricked N2100

2010/11/25 John Winters <john@sinodun.org.uk>:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:27:51 +0000, John Ashby <n2100@hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Following a bad edit to /etc/network/interfaces, my Thecus N2100 has
> zero
>> network connectivity.
>
> The way I've solved this in the past is to take the HDD out of my N2100
> and edit the file on another machine.  A little USB<=>SATA cradle comes in
> useful here.

+ 1
I would do the same

> Your RAID1 configuration obviously makes it slightly more complicated, but
> it should still be possible.
yes it is! But if your root (/etc) partition is also under raid1 you
have a bit more trouble, you have to set one hdd as faulty drive and
then recreate the mirror from the hdd  with the correct
/etc/network/interfaces.
Take a look at http://www.howtoforge.com/replacing_hard_disks_in_a_raid1_array