Re: ss4000-e Install how to set up so it boots

Re,

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 01:26:02AM -0700, Jose Solorio wrote:

> Yes, I think I followed the instructions pretty good. When
> installation is finishing up I do get "Flashing kernel/initrd...".
> In my latest attempt I was successful installing but after reboot I
> got the can't load ramdisk.gz and zImage because it couldn't via
> tftp.

Just to be sure I understand right : the nas should (re)boot alone and
you are not supposed to do anything, right ?

If it can't boot in these conditions, I suspect a wrong
boot_script_data content, but if the installer went correctly, you
should have the right file there...

> I didn't use tftp to load. Here's what I do to install.

> at boot
> i hit ctrl + c
> at Redboot> prompt I type fconfig boot_script_data
> then type in:
> Load ramdisk.gz
> Load zImage.gz
> exec  and then hit enter and write to flash
> then I load teh files as directed via ymodem and then run the exec -c
> "console=ttyS0........."

Where do you see the need for writing boot_script_data yourself in the
instructions here
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.armel/ch05s01.html ?

Could you report what you have now in boot_script_data ?

A+

--

JFS.