Vt8500

Hello everybody...

I have some questions about arm iso images on debian site.
I have a low price netbook. May be you heard it names.
it's hardware;
via vt 8500 - 300 Mhz 32 bit Arm926 type (also include in 250 Mhz DSP) Cpu, 128Mbyte ddr2 ram and 7" Lcd Screen
Android 1.7.2 runs on this hardware. But i want change this OS solution.
-Can anyone tell me, which one i can choose of debian arm type? Debian Armel or Debian Arm?
-Is there any different things, of between them?
And last question.
-Is Arm926 include in Armv5 product family?
(please check this link is it correct? --> http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0100i/index.html)

Thanks a lot
--
From HemiB A R R A C U D A !