Re: Newbie question:installing debian-arm on an HHP Dolphin 9900

On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:11, jerome moliere wrote:

Hi all,

Hi Jerome,

I'm a totally newbie into this world of mobile devices so excuse me if
this question is stupid.

There are no stupid questions. :-)

Does someone succeed in installing Debian on a Dolphin 9900 from Honeywell?
If the answer is yes, with what kind of procedure/technical process ?
For which kind of results ?

I don't know specifically about that hardware. You might take a look at: http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn which is a wiki page which discusses installing Debian on various hardware. Perhaps if you make any progress on your particular device you might document it as well?

Warm regards,

Jeremiah