Re: Problems installing Debian on SheevaPlug

Make sure to use
console=ttyS0,115200n8
That says to parse in utf8, as far as i can tell

Hi all,

I've been trying to install Debian on my SheevaPlug following Martin
Michlmayr's guide. I'm having a problem that a few people seem to have
had recently, see:
http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?topic=1788. As described
in that post, I can do everything in uboot as described in the
tutorial, but immediately after booting the kernel I only get garbage
output on the screen. Mine appears slightly less corrupted than in the
forum, I can see that it's an installer because the window outlines,
buttons, widgets and whatnot are visible, they're just illegible.

Curiously, if I ditch my screen session and reconnect, the current
screen is correct (it's blank, but moving the cursor between the
widgets causes them to be correctly redrawn) until going to the next
page, at which time it corrupts again. I suspect this to be some sort
of terminal setting, but I have no idea what it might be.

I'm on a Mac, creating the screen session using screen
/dev/cu.usbserial-FTT39QOIB 115200. I'm using the installer images
from:

http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/sheevaplug/

dated August 27th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.