Re: Rootfs on sheevaplug without killing my sd cards / usb sticks

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 01:43:21AM +0100, Karsten König wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I ruined 1 expensive sd card and two usb flash sticks already with a basic
> debian system, even though /var is already on a seperate stick, I don't want
> to dive into it too much to find out what process is responsible.

Looks like recent flash memory quality, expecialy budget one, is became
worse and worse. I have a small system (lart) running on 1Gb CF with debian,
and the CF is 4 years old and still working fine. I recently replaced with a
4Gb CF, but starts to get corrupted after few month. So i decide to continue
to use the old CF.

I had similar experience with varius kind of removable flash memory (usb,
sd) and usually recent and high capacity have more wearing problems.

Regards,
  Diego.