Re: Very newbe help/pointers required about building a distribution from scratch

Hopefully I have the right To addresses (debian-arm and debian-embedded)
as this is the first time I've replied to an email list.

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 14:10 +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> (Add debian-embedded@ as Neil was suggesting)
>
> Hello,
>
> 2010/3/10 Jonathan Wilson <piercing_male@hotmail.com>:
> > What I'd like to know is how do I build a distribution entirely from
> > scratch/source like the pro's do.
>
> linux from scratch is a great reference.

I agree, its what got me started, although I cheated a bit by using
ready rolled x-tools by codesourcery.

> > ie. Get all the debian source for the latest arm port (just the source)
> > and then compile/build it till I have a working system.
>
> Have you noticed packages like rebuildd[1] or apt-build[2]?
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/rebuildd || http://julien.danjou.info/rebuildd/
> [2] http://packages.debian.org/apt-build

Thanks for the links, very informative and also lead me down some other
interesting searches via google.