Re: Managed to brick my sheevaplug -- not getting any serial output

2010/3/11 Shiva Bhattacharjee <shivajee@gmail.com>:
> Is it necessary for me to use the same mini-usb cable that came with the
> sheevaplug? It seems my host machines ( windows, linux, mac) all recognize
> the sheevaplug .... but when I try connecting to the serial port I get
> nothing...
>
> I think I am running into the same problem with the installer as well,
> jtag_nsrst_delay: 200
> jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
> dcc downloads are enabled
> Error: unable to open ftdi device: device not found

Device not found? Are you sure your system has /dev/ttyUSB0 in place,
after connecting the cable? You should configure openocd to access
that device.
In a typical udev-enabled linux, you will see /dev/ttyUSB0 only with
the cable connected.

Regards,
Lluís.