Re: Managed to brick my sheevaplug -- not getting any serial output

Is it necessary for me to use the same mini-usb cable that came with the sheevaplug? It seems my host machines ( windows, linux, mac) all recognize the sheevaplug .... but when I try connecting to the serial port I get nothing...

I think I am running into the same problem with the installer as well,
jtag_nsrst_delay: 200
jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
dcc downloads are enabled
Error: unable to open ftdi device: device not found
Runtime error, file "command.c", line 469:
     ****       openocd FAILED
 ****   Is the mini USB cable connected?
 ****   Try powering down, then replugging the Sheevaplug

This particular snapshot is from my windows box, but I have installed the ftdi driver and the USB Serial Device shows up both under "Device Manager" and putty seems to connect on the correct COM4 port, but just doesn't show anything....

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
* Lluís Batlle <viriketo@gmail.com> [2010-03-10 22:41]:
> The plugcomputer.org wiki or places like that will give you
> information on how to do that.

Exactly.  Search for "installer v1.0".
--
Martin Michlmayr