Re: Which hardware for Squeeze

* Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> [2010-01-08 16:52]:
> Is it possible to install Debian on disk in the system?
> I expect the OS is normally on flash.

Debian is installed to disk but the kernel/ramdisk is in flash (this
means that Debian replaces the original OS).

> I read the control of the fan does not work. Does this mean the device
> makes much noice with Debian?

You can regulate the fan; there's just no automatic regulation at the
moment.  (And there's progress on this; Frans Pop has a test package
somewhere.)

> Is the powerconsumption with Debian like in the specs?

It's probably higher since Debian runs from disk so they cannot spin
down as much as with the original OS which runs in flash.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/