crypto accelerator card for Thecus N2100 and dm

I want to get me a crypto accelerator card -- the soekris vpn1411 [1] --
card for my arm-based thecus n2100, running debian. There is a driver
for the chip -- a hifn 7955 -- in the kernel-sources.

The goal I want to achieve is to increase throughput for the dm-(luks)
encrypted storage.

So the question is, does the dm-mapper use hw-crypto-cards if available?
Has anyone experiene with this card?

Is the driver enabled in the debian kernel?
Any other pitfalls you are aware off?

Thanks!
Tobi