Re: ARM kernel snapshots - 2.6.32-rc8

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 11:27 +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I've built kernel snapshots for armel based on 2.6.32-rc8.  If your
> device has a recovery mechanism or a serial console, feel free to test
> them on your favourite ARM machine and report any problems you
> encounter to this list.
>
> You can find the kernel packages at
> http://people.debian.org/~tbm/armel/kernel/r14655/

With all the changes concerning the kirkwood PCIe I need to test the
eSATA on the TS-219P.

I have already discovered the nfs server will not start with the default
nfs-kernel-server init script. A mandatory prerequisite is a kernel
symbol matching the regex 'init_nf(sd|   )' which seems no longer exists
in this kernel version. I don't how long these symbols are inexistent: I
didn't test the nfs server on your last build 32-rc6.

The following is a list of symbols which I presume may be tested:

bf29229c t expkey_init	[nfsd]
bf292d04 t svc_export_init	[nfsd]
bf2ab688 t ent_init	[nfsd]
bf2ad1d4 t init_state	[nfsd]
bf2ac2bc t nfsd_idmap_init	[nfsd]
bf295ad4 t nfsd_stat_init	[nfsd]
bf294948 t nfsd_reply_cache_init	[nfsd]
bf2a7b28 t nfs4_state_init	[nfsd]
bf292404 t nfsd_export_init	[nfsd]
bf28dcb8 t nfsd_racache_init	[nfsd]
bf29429c t nfsd_lockd_init	[nfsd]
bf2ae398 t nfsd4_init_recdir	[nfsd]
bf22a428 t nfs_init_server_rpcclient	[nfs]
bf22a538 t nfs_init_server_aclclient	[nfs]
bf22aaf4 t nfs_init_timeout_values	[nfs]
bf232154 t init_once	[nfs]
bf230e90 t nfs_init_locked	[nfs]
bf23aed0 t nfs_readpage_truncate_uninitialised_page	[nfs]
bf23c650 t nfs_pageio_init_write	[nfs]
bf23f3dc t nfs_dns_ent_init	[nfs]
bf246e10 t nfs4_init_opendata_res	[nfs]
bf239400 t nfs_pageio_init	[nfs]
bf23f694 t nfs_dns_resolver_init	[nfs]
bf232dd0 t nfs_fattr_init	[nfs]
bf257328 t nfs_fscache_init_inode_cookie	[nfs]
bf254018 t nfs4_init_clientid	[nfs]

I would have included a patch for the init script, however I don't know
which of the above symbols should be tested. Perhaps this or a matching
grep regex should be put in the file default/nfs-kernel-server or
somewhere else configurable.

--
John Holland

Cellent Finance Solutions AG

Firmensitz: Calwer Straße 33, 70173 Stuttgart
Vorstand: Thomas Wild
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Rudolf Zipf