Odd ownership of files in tarball [Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install]

On May 8, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:

Cool!

My first shivaplug arrived this morning.

It's now installed and doing useful work. A fairly painless process -- thanks very much for the step-by-step instructions, Martin! I doubt if I could have done it myself with just the instructions from Marvell.

I've stumbled across an anomaly in the tarball that I thought I should report.

The groups for some of the files in the tarball don't correspond to those in a working system. Enclosed is a diff of everything that I've noticed... I've left out the stuff from "/dev" figuring that udev should handle that in a live system. Maybe that's a wrong assumption?

Enjoy!

Rick
====================

			< marks the working system
			> marks files from the tarball

45c78
 < /etc/exim4/passwd.client root Debian-exim
---
 > /etc/exim4/passwd.client root scanner
56c89,92
 < /usr/bin/mlocate root mlocate
---
 > /usr/bin/mail-lock root mail
 > /usr/bin/mail-touchlock root mail
 > /usr/bin/mail-unlock root mail
 > /usr/bin/mlocate root Debian-exim
59c95
 < /usr/bin/ssh-agent root ssh
---
 > /usr/bin/ssh-agent root ssl-cert
138,143c174,179
 < /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated root Debian-exim
 < /var/lib/libuuid/ libuuid libuuid
 < /var/lib/nfs/ statd root
 < /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/ statd root
 < /var/lib/nfs/sm.bak/ statd root
 < /var/lib/nfs/sm/ statd root
---
 > /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated root scanner
 > /var/lib/libuuid/ Debian-exim libuuid
 > /var/lib/nfs/ messagebus root
 > /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/ messagebus root
 > /var/lib/nfs/sm.bak/ messagebus root
 > /var/lib/nfs/sm/ messagebus root
145,146c181,182
 < /var/log/exim4/ Debian-exim adm
 < /var/log/exim4/mainlog Debian-exim adm
---
 > /var/log/exim4/ identd adm
 > /var/log/exim4/mainlog identd adm
148,149c184,185
 < /var/run/exim4/ Debian-exim Debian-exim
 < /var/run/rpc.statd.pid statd root
---
 > /var/run/exim4/ identd scanner
 > /var/run/rpc.statd.pid messagebus root
155,158c191,194
 < /var/spool/exim4/ Debian-exim Debian-exim
 < /var/spool/exim4/db/ Debian-exim Debian-exim
 < /var/spool/exim4/input/ Debian-exim Debian-exim
 < /var/spool/exim4/msglog/ Debian-exim Debian-exim
---