Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install

Hi Martin,

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> For those now on Planet Debian: I released a tar ball containing
> Debian lenny for the SheevaPlug along with some installation
> instructions.  At the moment, you have to install to a USB stick or
> drive.  I'll look into updating the instructions for SD card and
> internal flash soon.
>
> http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/unpack.html

Thanks for putting this together, making things simple for the rest
of us.  However, it appears that the md and raid* modules and binaries
necessary to use a RAIDed root are not in the uInitrd from the tar ball.
(As a side note, the out-of-the-box Sheeva system *does* support RAID
root).  Any chance of regenerating your tar ball with a RAID-friendly
uInitrd?  Since yours is currently the "canonical" Debian setup, it
might be nice to just have it in there.  I suspect that nobody would
complain if the package is a few KB bigger.

It it's possible for you to build and distribute this, that would be
great.  If not, I'll get around to building a new uInitrd myself soon,
after learning a bit more about make-kpkg and U-Boot's mkimage.

Thanks again,

Chris Burghart