Re: GHC 6.10 for Debian armel?

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 11:22:39PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 01:00:35PM +0200, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
> > I notice there is a GHC 6.8 package for armel, while 6.10 exists for
> > most other architectures. Is there anything I can do to help getting
> > 6.10 to armel?

> ghc 6.10 + newer toolchain bumped the size of ghc binary to over 32MB,
> thus pushing us to the need of using -mlong-calls gcc option - which, in
> turn exposed some problems in long-calls support in the toolchain..

sorry for the delay.

Now upstream has fixed the -mlong-calls problem in binutils, and I was
able to build ghc6 using the binutils from experimental.

The build packages can be found from: http://people.debian.org/~riku/ghc6/

This would leave the following problems with ghc6:

1) build failure on hppa and ia64 machines (looks very similar)
2) incorrect(?) dep-wait in mips
3) getting fixed binutils to unstable for armel..