Re: Regarding Kirkwood cpu support

On Mar 25, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

* Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> [2009-03-25 16:19]:
I'd suggest the latter, unless you want to help out -- there are ways to
do that, even if you don't know how to write code.

OK, I'm game.  I'd love to help.  Where can I buy one? What else
will I need in the way of hardware?

You can find a lot of information (and a buy now link) at
http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp
And this site is also beginning to have some useful information:
http://www.plugcomputer.org

What other hardware you need depends on how you want to install
(either SD card, USB stick or USB disk).
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

Thanks!  I'll let you know when I've got the hardware.

Rick