Re: Some advice on iMX31

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:57:34AM +0100, Ruediger Leibrandt wrote:
> I got some advertisement-material from one of the chinese companies producing
> the new generation of ARM based Netbooks.

> I uploaded the advertisement - a pdf - to my homepage, so, when you have a
> spare moment or two, have a look and maybe you can tell me then if such a
> device will be worth the money and time to try and natively install a Debian
> Linux on it.

> http://www.tzi.de/~quitex/KINGYUNG%20G-Netbook_GL-750_spec V1_0117.pdf

Unless the vendor is providing a high-quality linux port, it's probably not
worth to invest much effor on a i.MX31 based netbook. It is effectively
"current generation", and new, i.MX51 based netbooks should come out
to the market soon.

That said, if the price is low enough, and kingyung provides the kernel
sources (in a clean, mainline-friendly way), it might still be a interesting
project.