(OT) Debian on the HP Compaq t5135 Thin Client?

Hi Martin,

I know you mostly do stuff with ARM machines (thanks very much for that!) but I wonder if your HP connections might know the answer to this question?

I'm researching the idea of "reverse virtualization" -- running essential data-center services on a bunch of physically-small, low- power, cheap boxes that can be purchased in bulk -- quickly replaced with an identical machine if they fail -- all the advantages of virtualization without the expense and "all eggs in one basket" risk of a server running lots of virtual machines. The HP t5135 caught my eye.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick Thomas wrote:

Has anybody tried running debian on the HP Compaq t5135 Thin Client?
128 MB SDRAM, 64MB Flash, VIA Eden 400 MHz processor, 10/100 ethernet, several USB ports, one serial and one parallel port, VGA video.
US$149 direct from HP (probably cheaper from other places)
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12660_na/12660_na.PDF