Re: NSLU2 Debian Lenny RC1: unable to connect to hostname.local

Thank you all for your input!

I currently use a Huawei D-20 EC506 Wireless Broadband Gateway (3G broadband), and it doesn't support adding IP numbers and hostnames. Hence the problem.

@ Øystein
Problem solved. Thank you! Your post made it all come back to me. :)
I totally forgot that I'm running Avahi on the Ubuntu boxes.

All that is needed to get it working is installing libnss-mdns:

apt-get install libnss-mdns

Which will install the following packages:

avahi-daemon dbus dbus-x11 libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3
  libavahi-core5 libdaemon0 libdbus-1-3 libnss-mdns

There is no need to reboot. The Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon will be started, and everything works immediately after the install is completed.

ping HOSTNAME

ssh HOSTNAME

and

http://HOSTNAME/