Update APEX for fatted nslu2 (FatSlug)

Hi all!

I own a fantastic NSLU2 device and have installed Debian on it some months
working pretty well, but 32 MB of main memory isn't enough so I fatted it
with two 64MB modules, so it has 128 MB of main memory.

Memory isn't recognized. I can reinstall debian/armel with the
slug-firmware.net image, but because of APEX version it only recognizes 32
MB, so I must upgrade APEX to more recent version.

In the nslu2 wiki there's lots of methods but I can't make work any of
them: "Debian and FatSlugs"[1], "Compile APEX"[2], "FatSlug Made"[3] and so
on. Some says that parameters to apex-env should be enclosed with '', others
say don't... I'm confused.

I've tryed to compile APEX 1.5.14, make new di-nslu2.bin updated images and so
on, without luck. I've reinstalled Debian so many times that my girlfriend
isn't very happy with it (about 4 hours each install...)

How can I upgrade APEX? Is there some kind of HOWTO or precompiled APEX
images?

(my nslu2 doesn't have serial port)

Thanks a lot

[1] http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/FatSlug