Re: How much mobileSDRAM do I need for OOo?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:35:30AM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I think, 512 MByte in the i.MX31 is enough to run OOo.

Should be plenty.

> OK, it is only an Evaluation Board, but how many memory do  you  suggest
> for an "Outdoor HandBag TablePC"?
>
> It will have additionaly a GSM/UMTS/HSDPA chip, a GPS and Wifi abg  chip
> (from Maxim) and BlueTooth.  The display is 8" or 8"4 TFT with  800x600.
> I hope it works because the size, since otherwise I have to use 800x480.
>
> The 2 (independant) Akkus are Li-Polymer 7.2V and 3.6-4.5 Ah (it depend)

No idea.  I am a software developer, not a hardware designer.

> I think this too, but how can I debug such things on my system?  I  have
> problems running the ICE debuger on the JTAG  under  Linux,  exactly,  I
> cant them convince to work with Debian.

Not sure a hardware debugger is of any use.  This sounds really like a
plain old software bug that someone just needs to fix (if anyone cares
about java/openoffice on arm that is.  I certainly don't).

> Hmmm, you give me hope, that my hardware is not broken...
>
> And since it srashs on Atmel and Freescale CPU's I can  not  bother  the
> Technical Support with it or should I?

No, I don't think a bug in gcc, java or openoffice is necesarily
something they want to help with.  It doesn't sound like a hardware
problem after all.

--
Len Sorensen