Re: Upgrade to armel

On 9/4/08, Mikael Rudberg <mikael@iced.se> wrote:
>  I've tried searching the net for the easiest way of upgrading to my
> etch-nslu2 to armel-lenny. Is it possible to do a dist-upgrade or is the
> migration method in the debian wiki
> (http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiHowto) the only method
> available ?

No, fiddling sources.list and doing a dist-upgrade is not an option.
The two systems' binaries are incompatible.

It may be easier to save your data and reinstall from scratch. In any
case you should save that info in case something goes wrong during the
conversion procedure. Let us know how you get on

Good luck!