Re: SIOCSIFFLAGS (was Re: Determining the driver for a network device [was: Re: Ralink])

Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> writes:
Hi,

> Just a thing:
> when I run "ifconfig wlan0 up" it returns me:
> ifconfig wlan0 up
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory

iirc it's for something like "set interface flags" but that won't help
you.
What may help is to know that the rt73 chipset needs a firmware and that
this firmware is loaded when doing 'ifconfig wlan0 up'.
99% of time I've seen this message was to say that this firmware is
missing. Look for /lib/firmware/rt73.bin on your system.

Arnaud