Re: mail (local mail)

Hi Xan

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 04:24:29PM +0200, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I drop exim4 packages (# apt-get remove exim4 exim4-base
> exim4-config exim4-daemon-light) and so it removes "at" and "bsd-mailx".
>
> Now I haven't mail.
> But I want having mail for simply:
>     - read /var/mail
>     - when I login, shell says me "you have a mail" and I can run "mail"
> or similar program
>     - I can send local mails (from xan@localhost to root@localhost, etc.)
>
> What program fits into my needs (without reinstalling exim4, postfix or
> equivalents)?
> Does anyone know it?

exim4-daemon-light would be one option. There are several others. Try
'apt-cache search mail-transport-agent' to list them.

This question and also your previous question about the wireless interface
are not really specific to the arm port. Please ask further such questions
on debian-user@lists.debian.org where they are more on topic. This list is
primarily for arm specific problems and the development of the Debian arm
port.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.