Re: XFS is unsafe (Was: Re: d-i does not show jfs in partition tool)

Hi

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:02:57AM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
> So now I have a image prepared, which I can upload somewhere on
> request. (approx 26 MB gziped)
>
> As building the image, I had the impression that the corruption occured
> when I deleted some files.
>
> Can someone please try the xfs on their machines, I'd like to verify
> this and maybe report the problem to the xfs authors (or to the LKML)

I can confirm the corruption also happens on my Thecus N2100 running kernel 2.6.24
with the DMA patches from Dan Williams.

I've noticed that some XFS fixes got into 2.6.27-rc4. Martin built some Debian
packages of this kernel version, but only for armel. I'm still running arm
unfortunately.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.