Re: Error flashing initrd after kernel update

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2008-08-07 17:01]:
> > I'm talking about debian-installer.  Surely debian-installer can
> > install a package and adapt the config file for the user.
>
> Hmm, it seems I might be wrong.  All the examples I can find of d-i
> changing files are not actually conffiles.  Can we really not change
> conffiles from within d-i?  This policy doesn't seem to make sense to
> me.  Surely d-i should be able to adapt conffiles to the user's
> system.

Hah, I found an example.  finish-install/finish-install.d/90console
modifies /etc/securetty, a file owned by login.  If finish-install can
do it, surely I can modify /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf in d-i,
right?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/