Armel for MV2120

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:31:38PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2008-06-13 23:36]:
> > I've built some kernel snapshots for arm based on 2.6.26-rc6.  Feel
> > free to test them on your favourite ARM machine and report success or
> > failures to this list.  These kernels are for arm, not armel.  I
> > haven't tried to boot them yet.
>
> armel images are now available too:
> http://people.debian.org/~tbm/armel/kernel/r11640/

So, I tried the armel image from your build as well as the latest from
Lennert's tree.  Even adding the mov r1,0x6d9 instructions to the
start of the file didn't let the kernel boot on the mv2120.

I've verified that my upmpmvault program works because I can load the
uImage from released software and the kernel boots fine (though there
is no rootfs).

I built from Lennert's tree using the orion5x config and choosing the
mv212 variant.  I saw no other interesting options to select.  The
kernel uncompresses, but I don't see the expected console output.

I see the same result for the armel kernel from your latest builds.

In the mv212 archive, there is some kernel source, but it doesn't
appear to include the feroceon patches.  A search of the source for
the word 'feroceon' comes up with bupkes.  The same search in
Lennert's tree finds some files in the arch/arm/mm directory.  Are
there patches separate from the mv2120 archive?

What am I overlooking?