Re: HP mv2120 support in Orion tree

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 01:18:35AM +0300, Eugene San wrote:
>> I believe we're going to have to generate a uImage to get the system
>> to boot without replacing uBoot in flash.  Sure.  We should be able to
>> use the same kernel on all machines as long as we can perform a
>> post-install hook to cope with the initramfs binding, or whatever.
>>
> Do you think of single initrd or several for each machine?
> What do you expect size of compressed initrd,  to be?

I don't really know since I'm not going to build them myself.  I
believe that the Debian installer starts with a single ramdisk
rootfs.  It loads compoenents from the network and installs the same
way.

The initrd's for the current Debian release are about 3.5MiB.  The
Debian installer images for the NSLU2 are about 5 MiB, IIRC.

>> Eugene, have you ever seen this behavior?
>>
> No, that looks strange for me too. Probably one of default parameters
> got vanished.
> You may invoke "rcvr" start recovery procedure or alternately invoke
> "resetenv; reset;" to restore uBoot defaults.
> Hope "resetenv" is implemented in your version of uBoot.

Good tip.  I'll try it.