Re: 2 Disks (by label/UUID)

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2008-05-14 22:28]:
> * Tobias Frost <tobi@coldtobi.de> [2008-05-12 21:52]:
> > I had also the issue with the UUIDS. However, I did not flash the
> > kernel in-between, I only changed /etc/fstab.
>
> You only have to flash the kernel (rather, then ramdisk, which
> contains information about the root partition) when you use UUID for
> the root partition.  The root partition is put in the ramdisk,
> everything else is read from /etc/fstab.

I thought some more about this and what you say is actually very
interesting.  flash-kernel (or nslu2-utils in the past) is _only_
responsible for parsing UUID/LABEL entries for the root partition.
Everything else in /etc/fstab is handled by something else (I believe
util-linux).

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/