Re: 2 Disks (by label/UUID)

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Stuart Read <stuart.t.read+NSLU2@gmail.com> [2008-04-27 23:23]:
>> Reading package lists... Error!
>> E: Malformed 3rd word in the Status line
>> E: Error occurred while processing initramfs-tools (UsePackage2)
>> E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
>> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
>
> This doesn't look good.  Can you send /var/lib/dpkg/status to me?
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> http://www.cyrius.com/

Hi Martin (and list),

I just gave upgrading a try again, since things sounded good on the
initramfs 0.92a front. If you recall, I was having a problem with my
/var/lib/dpkg/status but since it's been a while since I reported that
(been busy, aren't we all) I thought I would retry the upgrade.

The upgrade proceeded without any problems on the apt side of things,
but as reported above after reboot I had the (now familiar) solid
orange status light and ethernet light. Since I had the flash image
handy I re-flashed it with upslug2 and rebooted normally.  uname -a
now gives 2.6.22-3-ixp4xx

I can't think of any particular reason the upgrade should have failed,
as I've stopped (for the moment) playing with the UUID/label thing and
had left things as they were until I had more time to work at it.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
-Stuart

PS I kept a copy of the /var/lib/dpkg/status from the time of the
error in case it was important