From: mick [mailto:mick@baldric.net]
Sent: zaterdag 26 april 2008 12:59
To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Subject: is the NSLU2 installer broken?

I have previously successfully installed lenny on a Linkysys NSLU2. I
have now tried three times in the past day or so to install on a new
NSLU2 and have consistently failed and always at the same point.

The installion appears to work flawlessly right up to the point at
the end where it writes the new kernel to flash and attempts to
reboot into the new system. The installer reports that the reflash
worked but upon booting, the device appears to be stuck in the
redboot phase and fails to find initramfs (symptoms as described in
the troubleshooting wiki "The slug hangs during reboot (stuck on orange
LED, no HD activity.)"

My device config is exactly the same as my earlier succcesful install
(NSLU2 with 500 GB Lacie USB drive attached). Just to check that there
is no hardware fault I have sucessfully reflashed with both the
Linksys original image and a SlugOS image. But I'd really prefer a
Debian install.

Is there a known problem with a recent change? I note that Lenny seems
to have been updated on 23 April.

Is it worth me going back to using Martin Michlmayr's manual tarball
install approach?

Many thanks

Mick