Re: running linux 2.6.24-5 on etch/NSLU2

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:11:36PM +0200, u7l11ey@mail.lrz-muenchen.de wrote:
> Yes. These are the instructions sent to me by Martin Michlmayer in response
> to a bug I had reported against the etch kernel:
>
> >   wget
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.24-1-ixp4xx_2.6.24-4_arm.deb
> >   sudo dpkg -i linux-image-2.6.24-1-ixp4xx_2.6.24-4_arm.deb
> >   sudo reboot

thanks for the data point. That's exactly what I did, but mine never
makes it past initramfs.

I grabbed the latest d-i daily build from
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/ixp4xx/netboot/
and used it to install unstable on a spare drive. So 2.6.24 definitely
works, and the installer worked normally. But on reboot into the new
system, I get the same result - the status LED stays orange forever.

Jason