Re: Reinstalling debian on n2100

* Andrew Haswell <ahaswell@edoras.co.uk> [2008-04-16 23:46]:
> How do i go about reinstalling? do i need to revert to the thecus rom or can
> i reinstall debian another way?

You can flash the installer directly from withing Debian without
installing the original Thecus firmware.  Just follow
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/deinstall.html but use the
debian-installer .bin file instead of the one from Thecus.

> I have a 10GB raid1 root partition and the rest are data partitions
> so i would like to know if i can reinstall whilst keeping my data
> safe.

You can do that when you skip the guided partitioner.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/